Thursday, May 5, 2011

new journal

Happy Spring!! and I say this in irony..it's so rainy so hard today and I have to go take down the Homo Sapiens exhibit! finding a cab will be lots of fun!  It makes me nervous when I have to haul my artwork in this weather. The show was a big success, we received so much press coverage and attendance. My sculpture did not sell but that's ok, I want to hang on to it a little longer and will be making more.

I recently came across a small hardcover handbag and jewellery catalog with nice binding and I immediately thought I would turn it into a journal!  I glued the pages to each other to make them thick and covered them with gesso. The back page is so pretty so I'll leave it as is.
xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Love the great expression on her lips.....lol, brilliant.
    Loving your Art Journal pages and that is such a fab cover no wonder you will leave it that way, so lush. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your journal cover!! I like repurposing other books into journals. I get a nice hard cover spiral bound journal every year and then the next year, it becomes a journal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the weather improves for you and nothing gets wet!
    Flower Power to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joanna, love the Flower Power girl and your journal...lucky girl, it's raining there... I hate the rain but we haven't had any for months.. Glad your exhibition went well...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joanna,

    What an inventive and attractive site. You have a charming flair in your art.

    I found my way to your blog via my pal Bruce (the guy book) and his piece on fishing!
    Your little book on fishing is adorable! Truly sweet!

    I added myself as a Follower and I look forward to popping in on you now and then and being delighted by your creativity.

    Cheers, Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your painting is so bright and whimsical!!!!!!!! Love the girl character !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always thinking! LOVE it - love that red cover and all the luscious people within it ;0 xoox

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate every comment you leave me. Thank you for your support!