Friday, April 30, 2010

it ain't over till it's over!

Four more days are left until the big day and yesterday I went to hang the exhibit full of excitement and relief that I was finally done with painting....but....and there's always a but.. The gallery owner was thrilled with my paintings and so was everyone else working there.....she turns to me and says "ohh Joanna I was hoping that we could maybe put one of your assemblage pieces  in the window..."  ( i don't make assemblage art! I've been thinking about it! but never even told her this!!)
 I turn to her with a blank look in my face and tried to brush her off... and then all the assistants there,  got all excited about the whole thing ..... "oh yes Joanna please make something please.."
I didn't actually tell them that I was going to make something just to be on the safe side, but then I came home and started brainstorming....
I had this wooden box that I bought at Michael's and thought to myself ...wouldn't it be so cool,  if I put Mona in a room setting?  yes!! That would be perfect! Soooo once again up until 2am taking the box apart making curtains for Mona's room that I glued on top of a thin piece of wood to raise them and give it a 3D effect.
I'm exited about this piece and can't wait to share it with you! Hopefully I'll be done by Sunday night and finally go get that manicure to look decent at the reception!!
Have a great weekend and Happy May Day!!

4 comments:

  1. There's always on glitch at the last minute!! Mona's room looks like it will be wonderful!! If I don't "talk" to you before Sunday, have a great opening!! And of course I am sure you will post photos and tell us all about it!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's tomorrow, isn't it? I wish I could be there, and I will be in thought and heart. Good luck, enjoy it, soak it in and share with us. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do much better when I'm trying to beat a deadline! Sounds like you work the same way! I wish you all the best at your show. We'll be there with you in spirit. Enjoy every single minute of it. You are an incredible artist and deserve all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joanna;
    I hope your show is going well. This looks great to be put in a front window. I can't wait to see more pictures of your show.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate every comment you leave me. Thank you for your support!