Monday, May 31, 2010

brain power

Numbers! They keep appearing in my art over and over again. I started adding them in my paintings as visual interest along with the text, but then decided to have a little fun with them... using them as old phone numbers and dates, floating in the air... to add a little humor in this soooo serious world!!  I want my audience to smile when they see my work :)
The thing is....I really hate numbers!! lol . They make me dizzy!! and I believe it all started when I was in school. I would panic during math period!! I remember the long hours my dad would spend with me trying to help..poor guy and poor me!  he would go over a math problem over and over again and I still wouldn't get it!! all I could see was a purple haze and my brain would go blank!!..... I have math dyslexia syndrome. Just kidding, I made that up! but I sure will use it if I have to!!
This my entry for MMM.

18 comments:

  1. This looks great, love the vibrant colour

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever and stunning.
    Fantastic art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your little maths story. There's obviously something very interesting going on in your subconscious as your creative side does battle with your fear of numbers!!

    Thanks for your comments on my Greek holiday! I can assure you that the storm was indeed a one off. The rest of the week was absolutely gorgeous. I'll be posting more photos. It was fab. It's cold and grey back in the UK :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing your little girl again. Great little painting!! And numbers-ick!! Lucky for me my husband was a draftsman and engineer--whenever I need something measured and cut, I call on him!! Come over to my blog and check out my new painting/art quilts!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your number pieces are great, Joanna!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that you have taken power from numbers and made them your own. Very clever (and lovely).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them both, but especially the numbers piece. And p.s. I felt the same way about math in school! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way the numbers are spilling out! and your story is an all to familiar one :)) You are not alone in your struggle with numbers!
    Inka :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha, i can´t keep a telephone number or something alike...
    but when it comes to art, numbers are unbeatable!! they are a must for me.
    love your pieces! the little poodle looks a bit skeptical about the numbers, too;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So FAB!! I love what you have done here and the numbers do make such a statement in your art! I love the little red wagon especially! And btw, I must have the same condition - math was always a struggle for me, Kristin xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. 2 fantastic cards, love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are both fantastic- and I love the use of numbers here - you use them so artfully - I'm in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I certainly smile when I see your art. I couldn't agree more about maths, but I too like to use numbers in my art! Diane

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohh love both of these, specially like the fiery colour on the brain power piece but adoring the little girl one with the number blocks. so much fun
    j x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Joanna, I gave you and your lovely blog an award today if you would like to come along and pick it up, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are just amazing. i love your brain power card. Very neat and the colors are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate every comment you leave me. Thank you for your support!