Sunday, May 23, 2010

Marie, Marie let down your hair....

My painting is inspired by a little incident I had last Sunday morning....it's kinda funny!!  I had gotten up early to go get the Sunday paper and on my way back home I got stuck... in the elevator!!. It stopped just a few inches from my floor which is on the very top of the building, so there was light coming inside the elevator and I didn't panic. In situations like this we all know that we need to push the alarm button right? and I did. No one came to my rescue!! I kept ringing and ringing and banging on the stupid door!! The real  annoying part was, that there were  people on the ground floor banging as well, annoyed that I was taking such a long time and "occupying" the elevator!!! hahhaha
Thank God I had my cell phone with me and called the fire department. They arrived within 10 minutes!! I must share with you that for a minute there, when they opened the door I felt like I was in a Sex and the city episode...the three guys who came to "rescue" me were really hot!! lol
Well my three hot guys thought the whole incident was kinda cute...especially when they saw little Miss Daisy
sitting behind me waiting patiently to go home...
This is my entry for MMM
Hope you have a great week and always carry your lipstick and cellphone with you, in that order ;0

19 comments:

  1. Charming art!
    funny story!
    would you be carrrie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay..what a fabulous tale!!...and such super-enchanting art to match...Yay!!
    Kiki~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece (the hair too!) and loved the tale. Gorgeous firemen: fairy tales do come true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story and what a wonderful art piece this is- enchanting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh--what a story--and what a great "Marie" piece!!! Since the firemen were so gorgeous I think you may need to get "stuck" again--you go girl!!! Love the story and I am really glad you are safe...you are such a delight and inspiration.
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny story (in retrospect), now that we know you're safe. I've always had a fear of being stuck in an elevator. I'm thinking of getting a bra with a built-in cell phone! Great art, by the way. It made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad I didn't get stuck in that elevator!! Good you had your cellphone and I love marie, letting down her hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. too cute!!!! Love it..bright and happy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joanna, what a day you had!! I love your take on the challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. first: LOVE your painting!!
    good you could keep your nerves - i surely would have lost them!! didn´t your mobile have a photo function so you could show us the 3 handy men? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow fantastic idea and beuatiful work.
    Love your painting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Joanna every time I visit your blog it makes me smile, love your paintings, they are so beautiful, and they all tell a little story.
    Anni

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad your real-life fairy tale had a happy ending! And I love your take on the theme this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL! Lipstick and cellphone, in that order! Love it and love this piece - so clever and colorful and unique, Kristin xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. so cute and so clever and fun!!! great work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lipstick, cellphone and you should add - a CAMERA!!! Wouldn't that have been charming - they open the elevator door and you have a camera to capture their gorgeousness. Art cuteness.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Joanna ... I want to see the world through YOUR eyes!! You always have such a fun and wonderful way of spinning everything. And your work ALWAYS makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful piece of art - and fabulous story to accompany it. I guess the knights in shining armour made it all worthwhile, grin!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate every comment you leave me. Thank you for your support!