Wednesday, May 19, 2010

work in progress

I've been working on these cuties this week and it's going to be hard to part with them! My favorites pendants, are the ones with Daisy wearing sun glasses!! well, she kinda needs them. The sun is pretty bright here in Athens :)) and speaking of sun...beach weather is here!! some folks have already started going swimming!!  well, they're not seeing me any time soon!

I begin by drawing these on one inch square heavy card stock with a micron 005 pen! I actually have to wear glasses to see all the details! (and no! that has nothing to do with age! ok? because I'm always gonna be 36!)
I always let the ink dry for 24 hrs just to make sure it doesn't smudge and then  paint the background with Twinkling H20s. These water colours are the coolest paints ever!! they sparkle!
To seal them, I use a glaze that looks like glass when it dries and then attach the bails. I prefer to hang them on a tiny chain, but I will offer coloured ribbon as well. I will be selling them on the Greek islands and in my etsy store.



she hates when i do that!! lol

I love Greece :)

7 comments:

  1. These are so cute Joanna!! And I bet you have lots of fun making them--even if you do need your glasses!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How amazing they are all together!!!!!!!!
    So much care in your art!
    I love this place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooooh, they are just marvelous little pieces of heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joanna .. these are all so cute! I'm going to have to find some of those watercolors! Your poor pup ... being famous isn't easy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cool. I love your drawings and those bright colors are yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness!!!! These are amazing! I love all the color (of course) and those tiny little details! I think the blue one with the kitty is my favorite, but they are all so sweet! I bet you do really well with these, Kristin xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just adore your blog and especially that you moved to Greece. How do you survive over there - or do you speak the language? I understand it is exceptionally difficult to learn.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate every comment you leave me. Thank you for your support!