Thursday, January 5, 2012

Welcome 2012

Happy New Year!! May all your dreams and inspirations come true! My motto for this new year is to focus! and to make every day count!
2011 was a very mixed year for me..and on those hard days I would drift off to Serifo, the Greek island I spent my vacation at. I would dream I was there again and gain strentgh and inspiration. I felt this wonderful connection and positive energy while I was there. Do you ever feel like that when you visit a new place? like you've been there before?
It took me several months to finish this painting, which is quite unusual for me. I had a general idea of what it would look like, but kept adding to it. The straw at the bottom of the post is from a hat I had bought the year before and finally fell apart on the island! There were a few very windy days!! lol It was part of the vacation, so I added it. and so was the sand. for the tv I cut and sanded a piece of transparent film. I took the "finished" painting to a friend who has a large scanner and he gave me the idea for the stairs to be 3D. so back to the studio I returned and cut out tiny individual card stock for the stairs. And so here it is. "No fishing allowed".
While I was working on this I had another inspiration for my next project. ohhh how I love when this happens!! the "one thing leads to the next".  but that will be my next post :)
Happy New Year, my friend. Thank you for being there for me. xoxoxo

5 comments:

  1. well we can't push creativity and you took your time for a reason, its lovely and the straw makes it just perfect,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could stare at this awhile. Love all your elements.
    Catherine Denton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely piece, makes me want a holiday, too! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happiness to you this new year Joanna! And may you have inspriations and "holidays" galore!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate every comment you leave me. Thank you for your support!